The first ever #WineryWeek event has officially begun on Twitter. #WineryWeek will run from Monday April 19th through Friday April 23rd. It’s a new wine community tradition to celebrate wineries, wine makers and their wines. Wineries and enthusiasts will participate throughout this week tweeting about their favorite wines and establishing new wine community friends.
#WineryWeek was started to honor, promote and build awareness for wineries around the world. It will be celebrated the third week of every month.
How to Participate in #WineryWeek?
Wine Lovers and Enthusiasts:
1. Select a variety of wines from different wineries and wines you already know.
2. Drink the wines during the week, research the wineries online and tweet your thoughts.
3. Add the #WineryWeek hash tag to every tweet.
4. If you can find the winery on Twitter include them (e.g. @CooperMtnWines ).
5. Encourage others to try the wines that you like.
6. Read #WineryWeek tweets, learn from others and visit the Twitter/Websites of the wineries.
Wineries, Wine Shops, Wine Merchants and Professionals:
1. Use or setup your Twitter account to participate in the #WineryWeek event.
2. Select and promote a variety of your wines.
3. Tweet your thoughts about the wines and answer questions.
4. Add the #WineryWeek hash tag to each of your tweets.
5. Promote your winery, website and blog.
6. Offer specials during the #WineWeek event.
Virtual Tweetup and Tasting – Friday April 23rd.
There will be a Virtual Tweetup and Tasting on Friday April 23rd to close #WineryWeek. Participants will tweet together in “real-time” their thoughts, tasting notes, opinions and recommendations of wines from different wineries. People will be able to ask questions directly to the wineries and wine makers. In The U.S. this Virtual Tweetup and Tasting will start at 7:00 pm EST and go through 10:00 pm EST.
So participate regularly during the week, buy some wines for the event, spread the word, get your @followers and friends to join in the #WineryWeek fun. Let’s make #WineryWeek a great new tradition on Twitter.
If you have any questions please send an email to me at email@example.com