There is a lot of buzz and anticipation about the first ever #WineryWeek which starts tomorrow on Twitter. #WineryWeek will run from Monday April 19th through Friday April 23rd. It’s going to be a great opportunity to celebrate all wineries, wine makers and their wines. Wine enthusiasts will be participating throughout the week tweeting about their favorite wineries and wines, recommending them to their @followers, sharing wine reviews, plus links to winery articles, the wines themselves, pictures and more. This new Twitter tradition is going to be a great time for all so plan on attending.
#WineryWeek was started to honor, promote and build awareness for wineries around the world. It will be celebrated the third week of every month.
How to Participate in #WineryWeek?
Wine Lovers and Enthusiasts:
1. Select a variety of wines from different wineries.
2. Drink the wines during the week and tweet your thoughts.
3. Add the #WineryWeek hash tag to every tweet.
4. If the winery is on Twitter, locate them, and include them in your tweets: (e.g. @CooperMtnWines ).
5. Encourage others to try the wines that you like.
Wineries, Wine Shops, Wine Merchants and Professionals:
1. Use or setup your Twitter account to participate in the #WineryWeek event.
2. Select and promote a variety of your wines.
3. Tweet your thoughts about the wines and answer questions.
4. Add the #WineryWeek hash tag to each of your tweets.
5. Promote your winery, website and blog.
*** Please Note *** During #WineryWeek certain wineries and merchants may offer specials, sales and on location tastings and events so keep your eyes and ears open for them.
Virtual Tweetup and Tasting – Friday April 23rd.
There will be a Virtual Tweetup and Tasting on Friday April 23rd to close #WineryWeek. Participants will tweet together in “real-time” their thoughts, tasting notes, opinions and recommendations of wines from different wineries. People will be able to ask questions directly to the wineries and wine makers. In The U.S. this Virtual Tweetup and Tasting will start at 7:00 pm EST and go through 10:00 pm EST. Other countries may decide to have their Virtual Tweetup and Tasting at a time that better suits their time zone. I would recommend that participating wineries and wine shops invite people in their local area to join them on location as well for the Virtual Tweetup and Tasting. This is creative and great fun for all.
So make your plans, buy some wines for the event, spread the word, get your friends and your favorite wineries to participate in #WineryWeek. I am looking forward to having you actively participate next week. Thank you all very much in advance for helping to make #WineryWeek a great new tradition on Twitter.
If you have any questions please send an email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org